The European Commission has presented a number of proposals to overcome the gas crisis in European countries, and the most notable statements from the European Commission are the following:
– The European Commission proposes to introduce a dynamic gas pricing mechanism on Europe’s largest stock exchange TTF.
– The European Commission proposes joint gas purchases for EU countries at the level of 15% of total demand.
– EU countries will have to inform the European Commission before buying gas.
– The European Commission intends to set a new price standard for liquefied natural gas by March 2023.
The European Commission proposes to allocate €40 billion to help EU residents and businesses in the midst of an energy crisis.
Until March 2023, the EU must reduce monthly gas consumption by 15%.
– The European Commission proposes to oblige EU countries to share gas with each other in case of an emergency.