Algeria announces start of production at oil field 7 months after its discovery

Algerian national company Sonatrach has announced the start of production at an oil field in the Berkine Basin in the southern state of Ouargla, in partnership with the Italian company Eni, seven months after its discovery.

Sonatrach said in a statement that the HDLE-HDLS oil field associated with the Zamla El-Arabi contract, located in the Berkine Basin, 300 kilometers southeast of Hassi Messaoud, is in question.

Production at this field was licensed in October last year, just seven months after its discovery.

The field will produce about 10,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.

Sonatrach’s management indicated that it expects to increase production levels through the implementation of an accelerated development plan, which includes, among other things, the drilling of new wells in 2023, which will allow to increase production levels. production up to 17,000 barrels per day.

The Al Arabi Land area is the subject of a hydrocarbon exploration and development contract in which Sonatrach holds a 51 percent stake and Eni the remaining 49 percent.

Source: Algiers Radio