There will be 11 distinct factions in God of War Ragnarok spread across the Nine Realms. In the game’s estimated 40 hours of playtime, you’ll become familiar with these factions, which include monsters, giants, gods, beasts, and men.
All 11 God of War Ragnarok Factions:
- Aesir – Described as the Gods that rule the Nine Realms.
- Beasts – Described as animals that roam in the realms as either predator or prey.
- Dwarves – Described as the masters of forging legendary weapons and armor.
- Elves – Described as two factions of Light and Dark that fight to control the Light of Alfheim.
- Ethereal – Described as ghosts and spirits that wander between the Nine Realms.
- Humans – Described as scavengers.
- Jotnar – Described as the last giants that hide to pass down their knowledge following the genocide at the hands of Odin.
- Monsters – Described as the creatures of the Norse Myth.
- Nelwalkers – Described as reanimated corpses from the overflowing souls of Helheim that are cursed to walk the Nine Realms.
- Seidr – Described as humans that are corrupted by seior magic.
- Vanir – Described as the Gods that fought against Aesir and lost.
The majority of the factions, as to be expected, appear to be from God of War (2018), but there are a few others that were also shown in the God of War Story Trailer.
On November 8, 2022, God of War Ragnarok will launch on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.