Arsenal with ten players drew with Liverpool and moved closer to the League Cup final

London: Arsenal have overcome the numerical shortage in their ranks and snatched a precious 0-0 with host Liverpool today, Thursday, at “Anfield” in the first leg of the English League Cup semi-finals. The two teams will meet next Thursday at the “Emirates” stadium, Arsenal’s stronghold in the capital, London, where there will be an opportunity for Arsenal to grab a ticket to qualify for the final thanks to a possible victory in home. The winner of the double final of the tournament final will meet Chelsea, who beat Tottenham 2-0 in the first leg and 0-1 in the other semi-final. The first half of the match ended in a goalless draw, despite Arsenal’s lack of numbers, after the Swiss sent Granit Xhaka off in the 24th minute. Liverpool announced their superiority over their opponent from the start of the match, as they had the most ball possession and the best striker, and had the most corners in the first quarter of the match, while their players were unlucky. in more than a dangerous ball in front of the Gunners’ goal. Cedric Suarez of Arsenal injured in the 10th minute, then Arsenal made an emergency change in advance with Calum Chambers who arrived in the 11th minute instead of Suarez. Jordan Henderson nearly opened the scoring for Liverpool in the 12th minute when he advanced towards the Arsenal goalkeeper, who tried to take the ball back from the defense, but shot it into Henderson’s body, who tried to take advantage of it. , but the ball eventually collided with the goalkeeper and came out on a new one corner for Liverpool. And luck continued his stubbornness at Liverpool within thearea Arsenal penalty, which showed no real attacking attempts from the start of the match. Alexandre Lacazette took advantage of a Liverpool defense mistake in the 19th minute and took possession of the ball, but rushed in and shot from distance to just out the door. After a quick attack organized by Arsenal, I wanted to attack quickly for Liverpool in the 24th minute, but Granit Xhaka dropped Diego Jota in front of thearea penalty when Jota was preparing to receive a dangerous long pass from Andy Robertson. hesitates to send Xhaka out. Trent Alexander-Arnold hit the free kick but bounced off the defensive human wall and a sequel failed. With Xhaka sent off, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta made another emergency change in the 28th minute with Rob Holding coming in for Edward Nikita. Liverpool continued their attacking pressure on the Gunners but lacked precision and focus in putting an end to the attacks and the first half ended in a goalless draw. Despite the numerical shortage in their ranks, Arsenal showed some improvement in performance during the opening minutes of the second half, but the danger remained absent from the two goals, with Liverpool returning to form some offensive pressure on the defense of the ‘Arsenal. Takumi Minamino finished a quick Liverpool attack in the 68th minute with a wide shot under pressure from the Arsenal defense. Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker saved a dangerous ball from Bukayo Saka after a quick attack from Arsenal in the 71st minute, and the attack bounced off Liverpool. Despite the drop in physical level in the last minutes of the match, Liverpool stepped up their offensive attempts in search of the winning goal, but clashed with Arsenal’s lumpy and organized defense, and Minamino, completely free from control, knocked the ball down while in the center of the game.area penalty in the 90 ‘, closing the match goalless. (Dpa)