At least 6 dead in an attack on eastern Ukraine

At least six people were killed and five injured on Sunday in a Russian attack on an apartment building in the eastern Ukrainian city of Chasiv Yar, a local official said.

Donetsk Governor Pavlo Kirilenko announced on Telegram that “the rescue operation is continuing”. “The paramedics managed to make six dead and five wounded,” he said, adding that “about 30 people are still under the rubble” of the four-story building that was targeted by a Russian Uragan missile. AFP reporters who arrived after the strike saw the partially collapsed building, rescuers and a bulldozer at work to remove the rubble from thearea.

https: // www.youtube.com / watch? v = ltcF5cJWdTM

The governor indicated that “so far the rescuers have been in able to communicate with two people under the rubble. “The predominantly Russian Donetsk region in eastern Ukraine is a priority target for Moscow, which said it had taken control of the Lugansk region, following the recent withdrawal of Ukrainian forces from the cities of Severodonetsk and Lysechansk. 591 civilians have been killed and 1,548 others have been wounded so far in the Donetsk region since the start of the Russian invasion on February 24, according to Kirilenko.

https: // www.youtube.com / watch? v = wy6mthC7LmU