Pu’er tea. Source: Adobe/ 昊 周.
Crypto Briefs is your everyday, bite-sized absorb of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related news– examining the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Bitcoin Core version 0.200 has actually been launched and is now prepared for launch. Per the release notes, it consists of new features, various bug fixes, performance enhancements, and updated translations. Amongst a number of noted noteworthy changes, BIP61 turn down network message has actually been removed from Bitcoin Core, as were OpenSSL and BIP70, numerous remote treatment calls (RPCs) have actually been updated, the wallet now by default utilizes bech32 addresses when using RPC and produces native segwit modification outputs, and so on
- China’s Yunnan Province has actually released a blockchain-powered traceability platform for its thousands of pu’er tea farms, reports Chinanews. Yunnan’s well-known tea, a dark, fermented range that stemmed in the region, is the province’s significant farming items, and export alone were worth USD 33 million in 2018, per a Xinhua report launched lastyear The province says that the platform will allow celebrations to perform quality assurance, sales, supply chain and loan funding operations. Around 420,000 hectares of Yunnan farmland is committed to the pu’er tea market, with a total yield of some USD 2.5 billion.
- The Russian Reserve Bank says it wishes to release blockchain-powered digital home mortgages, reports Finversia. The media outlet prices estimate the bank’s deputy chairwoman Olga Skorobogatova as mentioning that the venture would make use of its Masterchain blockchainnetwork Skorobogatova specified that the bank was already working on mortgage-related options on its blockchain network, which its “next step” would be the “launch of digital mortgages.” The main bank added that it has already sent out propositions for its new venture to the government, in addition to the nation’s property regulator Rosreestr
- Significant blockchain technology company Blockstream has announced the launch of the Liquid Ventures Effort, the function of which is to help grow their sidechain Liquid Network’s grassroots community, in addition to link appealing Liquid tasks with Bitcoin- focused financiers. According to the announcement, there are currently 15 financiers included in the Liquid Ventures Effort, consisting of Nogle, 7 Seas VC, Blockchain Capital, Castle Island Ventures, Digital Garage Laboratory Fund, Electric Capital, Fulgur Ventures, Lemniscap, Evidence of Capital, and Stillmark Total dedications to the effort stand at USD 5 million.
- Blockchain journalism start-up Civil is shutting down, and its team and technology are both moving to the blockchain business ConsenSys, specifies a blog site post by CEO Matthew Iles. He says that, regardless of their lots of achievements with the blockchain-based media platform, they failed to sustain themselves separately.
- The Bank of Lithuania has announced that its blockchain-based digital collector coin (LBCOIN) and its e-shop have both went into the final screeningphase According to journalism release, upon the effective conclusion of this phase, the digital coin should be provided by July2020
- Chinese authorities have actually busted a network of underground miners– actually. The miners, reports Regnum, are thought to have actually taken their operations to the below ground level, concealing prohibited rigs in what seemed phony burial mounds. The operation took place in the Heilongjiang Province, on the Chinese-Russia border– and saw the supposed bad guys take electrical power from an above-board crypto mining business’s information.
Financial Investment news
- Crypto bank Avanti Financial Group has announced the closing of its angel round of financing, led by the University of Wyoming Foundation with involvement from Morgan Creek Digital, Blockchain Capital, Digital Currency Group, Lemniscap, Madison Paige Ventures, Malex Enterprises, and so on, in addition to Gary Gigot and other private crypto and fintech advocates. Per journalism release, this will allow Avanti to accomplish required turning points in its procedure of using for a bank charter.
- The French Financial Markets Authority (AMF) has actually provided approval under its “ICO visa” plan to renewable resource companies WPO to raise financing through a preliminary coin offering (ICO). The public token offering of Green Tokens (ERC20 tokens) will take place September 8 – November 12, with the objective to raise EUR 10 million (USD 11.2 million).
Securities tokens news
- Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (SMTB) and 2 crypto exchanges– bitFlyer and TaoTao— have joined the fast- growing Japanese Securities Token Association, per an official announcement, in addition to a report from Fisco (via Zaikei). The 2 exchanges– the first to join the association– will be “supporting” members, while SMTB joins the main group, which is chaired by the head of the SBI Group and consists of members such as Deloitte Japan