A new update has been released for Black Desert Online Update 2.55. You can find all the Game Update details, Bug Fixes, improvements, and Patch Notes below. Black Desert Online Update 2.55 is now available for all platforms, including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The file size may vary depending on the platform.
New Additions and Improvements
Covert: Cut Throat
- Changed the camera to move more naturally when moving behind an enemy.
In this update, we’ve improved how Adventurers obtain Truffle Mushrooms by expanding the number of locations where they appear, as well as increasing the quantity of Truffle Mushrooms that can be gathered. We’ve also decreased the amount of time it takes for the Truffle Mushroom resources to respawn, allowing Truffle Mushroom-gobbling Adventurers to be able to gather to their heart’s content. We hope this will allow even more Adventurers to reap the benefits (such as crafting elixirs) of the wonderful Truffle Mushroom.
- According to recent word of mouth between herbalists and mushroom pickers of Black Desert, there have been a greater number of Truffle Mushrooms sighted growing in the wild.
- The number of Truffle Mushroom spawning points have been increased in Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah territories.
- There have been sightings of Truffle Mushrooms growing in certain spots of Drieghan as well.
- Reduced the respawn time of Truffle Mushrooms by 33%.
|Hidden Cave near Eastern Gateway||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 6 → 7|
|Hidden Cave near Central Guard Camp||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 2 → 8|
|Rock Cave near Moretti Plantation||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 5|
|Cave near Alejandro Farm||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 5|
|Cave near Watchtower||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 10|
|Rock Cave near Phoniel’s Cabin||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 5|
|Rhua Tree Stub||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 5|
|Cave near Marie Cave Node||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 4|
|Glutoni Cave||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 10|
|Small Cave near Hasrah Cliff River||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 4|
|Stone Cave near Hasrah Ancient Ruins||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 1 → 4|
※ Embiggened the cave entrance so it’s easier to enter.
|Near Altar in Fountain of Origin||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 0 → 8|
|River near Morning Fog Post||Truffle Mushroom spawns: 0 → 12|
- Changed so you can accept [The Magnus] Golden Lion of Serendia quest within the abyss.
- Added a new item to extract cups from reformed accessories and a quest to revert reformed accessories.
- Due to the addition of a new extraction method, the previous method involving the Mirror of Equilibrium has been removed.
Extracting Cups (from Reformed Accessories)
|Item to Extract Cups|
Refined Essence of Emotions
|Fragment of All Creations x10|
Legacy of the Ancient x10
Forest Fury x10
Magical Shard x100
Fused Crystal of Emotions x20
Fused Crystal of Emotions
|How to Obtain|
– Purchase one for 50 million Silver in Wacky Toshi’s Shop or
– Obtain by heating each of Shard of the Furious Night, Shard of the Tearful Night, Shard of the Drained Night
Fragment of All Creations
Legacy of the Ancient.
Removing Cups (from Reformed Accessories)
- A new quest “Cleansed Cup” has been added and can be accepted if you have accessories reformed from cups either equipped or in your Inventory.
- This quest can be accepted from Lejenti in the underground chamber at Glish.
- Added the following “Party” elixirs crafted from materials that can be obtained in the Odilita area.
- Party elixirs can be obtained by performing Simple Alchemy (L) with two normal elixir items and Aal’s Tear x1.
[Party] Elixir of Skill
[Party] Elixir of Infinite Skill
[Party] Elixir of Mastery
[Party] Elixir of Improved Mastery
[Party] Elixir of Labor
[Party] Elixir of Rough Labor
[Party] Elixir of Armor
[Party] Elixir of Corrupted Armor
- Changed the icons for the following elixir items.
Elixir of Skill
Elixir of Infinite Skill
Elixir of Mastery
Elixir of Improved Mastery
Elixir of Labor
Elixir of Rough Labor
Elixir of Armor
Elixir of Corrupted Armor
- Updated the usage information for the 4 types of “Energy of All Creations” items.
- Improved the text related to “Cups” (from reformed accessories) and reformed accessories extraction.
- Fixed description of the outfit that can be obtained by opening the 2022 Halloween Outfit “Outfit Swap Box II”.
- Fixed so [Secret Book] Abyssal Legacy can be used without completing [The Magnus] Revelations.
- Changed the Exchange NPC for [Event] Halloween Item Exchange Coupons to Ahr, the Calpheon Seed Vendor.
- This item will be deleted during the Nov. 9th (Wed) maintenance.
- [Event] Refreshing/Sweet Pumpkin Candy will not be deleted and can be exchanged after the Nov. 9th (Wed) maintenance.
- Removed unnecessary text in [Drakania] Treant/Desert Camouflage Premium Set descriptions.
- Fixed the issue of the cutscene not playing well during [King’s Key] Francesca Seric quest.
- Added a sound effect to the message when another storage becomes available for use via The Magnus questline.
- Fixed so the camera cannot be seen from the bottom up when the screen is loading after entering an abyssal well to The Magnus.
- Improved so Date of Birth should be typed in after selecting “Region of Residence” or “Register.”
- Improved so the previous Pearl Abyss ID shows when logging (or registering) in with an Open ID that shares the same email as the Pearlabyss ID email.
- Improved email verification by entering a verification code via a verification link.
- Improved the function to upload images in Community.
- Changed and unified the following terms in English:
- Changed and unified the following terms in English:
- Mystical Custom Enhancement Pack → Mystical Custom Enhancement Box
Modified or Changed
- Fixed the issue where certain areas of Splashing Point appeared awkward.
- Fixed the issue where certain customization settings would not be applied for “Popular Creations” in the Beauty Album.
- Fixed the issue where an unnatural object was placed in certain areas of the Blue Maned Lion’s Manor.
- Improved quest objective to be more detailed for “It’s No Use Hiding!”
- [Musa] Fixed the issue of the Palgong Helmet dye not being applied when a specific hairstyle is applied.
- [Wizard] Fixed the issue of some appearances being abnormally displayed when Tempyrion Robe is equipped and its durability is low.
- [Guardian] Fixed the issue of certain underwear displaying abnormally when Bloody Dress is equipped and its durability is low.
- [Nova] Fixed the issue of the firefly effect not displaying when Treant Camouflage Armor is equipped in Awakening.
- [Drakania] Fixed the issue of this outfit being abnormally displayed during a specific pose after equipping Bloody Dress.
- [Drakania] Fixed the issue of the cloak being abnormally displayed sometimes when Marnist Armor is equipped.
- Fixed the issue of scroll size being abnormally displayed depending on the number of items in your Trade Goods Cart.
- Fixed so characters lower than Lv. 5 cannot enter Abyss One: The Magnus.
- Fixed so part of [The Magnus] Where the Dragon Sleeps background displays naturally.
- Fixed the following factors of [The Magnus] Peaceful Vagabond:
- Fixed so the character location displays more naturally during the cutscene after completing the quest.
- Fixed so character moves are more natural when trying again.
- Fixed the issue of not being able to retry in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue of the outfit displaying even though the Hide Outfit function was activated when entering The Magnus via the abyssal well.
- Fixed the issue of the UI displaying even though you failed to use [Secret Book] Abyssal Legacy.
- Fixed the issue where remote Storage locations were not able to be to accessed via containers installed in certain regions’ residences if the Magnus questline hadn’t been completed.
- Fixed the issue of your fairy’s Continuous Care skill not being used when the World Map (M) is opened.
- Fixed the following items for “[The Magnus] Soar Like A Bird.”
- Your character’s landing animation will appear more natural after the cutscene, thus also improving the quest flow.
- Fixed certain portions of the backdrop.
- Fixed the issue where Drakania’s hair appeared abnormal from the beginning to the end of her exclusive animation.
Recent Major Updates
To help newer or returning Adventurers keep up with the latest updates, we’ve compiled a list of some of our recent major ones. Check them out below!
♣ For Progression-minded Adventurers:
|Abyss One: The Magnus|
Proceed with the main questline within another world, The Magnus, and experience another side of Black Desert.
Obtain PEN (V) Boss Defense Gear and quality of life (e.g. fast travel, region-free storage) updates!
|Monster Zone UI Revamp||Where’s the best monster zone suited to my stats?|
Look no further than the Menu (ESC) – Adventure (F5) and click “Monster Zone Info”!
|Artifacts and Lightstones||Artifacts and Lightstones were added!|
They will greatly aid you in your adventures!
|Ornette and Odore’s Spirit Essence Improvements||The fabled infinite potions of Ornett and Odore now have newly-added extra steps and weekly quests to hasten the process.|
|Guaranteed PEN (V) Boss Gear Questline||Speak to Jetina to begin a reforming questline to obtain your very own set of PEN (V) boss gear, guaranteed!|
|PEN (V) Accessory Questline||Complete daily quests to gather materials to complete your very own accessory at the highest enhancement grade possible.|
★ For Combat-focused Adventurers:
|Elvia Guild Missions|
Guild Missions were added to Elvia Serendia and Calpheon!
Complete these missions to help contribute to your guild’s growth!
|Elvia Calpheon||The corruption of Hadum has reached Saunil Camp, Rhutum Outstation, Gehaku Plain, Hexe Sanctuary, and Quint Hill of Calpheon.|
You can obtain materials for the Godr-Ayed weapon and reforming alchemy stones from here.
|Marni’s Realm – Private Monster Zones||Your very own monster zone with no other Adventurers to duel!|
Subjugate monsters to your heart’s content in Marni’s Realm.
|Tier 5 Pets||Alpha pets are finally here! Train Tier 4 pets to Tier 5 and appoint them as the alpha to increase the looting speed of all active pets.|
♥ For Amusement-seeking Adventurers:
|Liana’s Tool Bag||Pickaxe, Hoe, Butcher Knife, Fluid Collector, and other Gathering tools can be stored in this amazing tool bag and used with ease.|
Source: Black Desert