The Afghan Ministry of Defense announced on Sunday that there was fighting between Afghan government forces and Taliban insurgents in More than 100 extremist militants have been killed in the past 24 hours while the US military surrendered a military base in the south of the country die afghan army.
The day after the official withdrawal from Afghanistan, the US military surrendered to the Afghan army on Sunday die Base of Camp Antonik in Helmand, the southern province, die is a stronghold of the Taliban movement.
Confrontations between the Taliban and government forces took place in several states, including in the former Taliban stronghold of Kandahar, where the US military carried out a “precise strike” on Saturday with the start of the official withdrawal of its soldiers.
The ministry said in a statement that 52 Taliban fighters were wounded in the clashes, without disclosing any information about the victims among government forces.
The Taliban did not comment on the news and noted that both die afghan army as well die Taliban usually die Overestimate the other side’s losses.
In the past few months die Fights in Afghanistan continued since die Peace efforts to end the 20-year-old conflict have stalled.
The US military officially began withdrawing its remaining 2,500 soldiers from Afghan soil on the orders of President Joe Biden on Saturday.
U.S. officials on the ground said the withdrawal began a few days before early May, the deadline, die Washington and die Taliban had agreed last year to complete the withdrawal.
And the withdrawal of all US forces will end by the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Biden announced.
On Saturday, the US military announced it had carried out a “precise strike” after an airport in Kandahar, on which a US base was located, had been indirectly shot at and had caused no damage.
The attack on al-Qaeda, for which no group die Taking responsibility came with a warning from the Taliban that the US military’s failure to complete the withdrawal of its forces on May 1 means it has violated the agreement they signed last year.
“This basically paves the way for our mujahideen to take appropriate action against die To seize invasion forces, “said Taliban spokesman Muhammad Naeem, adding that die Movement awaits orders from its leaders in the course of its future work.
Since the US withdrawal agreement was signed die Taliban did not clash directly with foreign forces, but die Government troops in the country and in the cities were violently attacked.
Afghan officials said that all foreign forces are on die largest US base in Bagram in Afghanistan would be relocated before they in their countries would leave.
Read More About: World News