A new update has been released for For Honor Update 2.41. You can find all the Game Update details, Bug Fixes, improvements, and Patch Notes below. For Honor Update 2.41 is now available for all platforms, including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The file size may vary depending on the platform.
Defensive Stance abilities
Some heroes that have Defensive Stance abilities that rely on holding the Stance control downwards have had their abilities adjusted to ensure their abilities are keeping up with the game’s evolution with regards to Stamina Consumption. The full list is below:
- No longer pauses Stamina Regeneration when blocking attacks while in Full Block Stance
- No longer costs Stamina to block attacks in Bulwark Stance
- No longer gains lowered Revenge while blocking attacks in Bulwark Stance
- No longer pauses Stamina Regeneration while holding Bulwark Stance
- No longer pauses Stamina Regeneration when holding Shield Tackle
- No longer drains Stamina when holding Full Block Stance
- No longer costs Stamina or pause Stamina Regeneration when blocking attacks in Full Block Stance
- No longer gains lowered Revenge when blocking attacks in Full Block Stance
- Entering Kaze Stance now costs 10 Stamina
- No longer pauses Stamina Regeneration when holding Kaze Stance
- No longer costs Stamina or pause Stamina Regeneration when blocking attacks in Kaze Stance
- No longer gains lowered Revenge when blocking attacks in Kaze Stance
- No longer pauses Stamina Regeneration when holding Hidden Stance
Developer’s Comment: These changes are aimed at leveling the playing field while using these defensive abilities and not feel punishing for correctly using them as their Stamina usage was high and would often leave some of these heroes stranded after blocking several attacks.
- Can now cancel the recovery of every attack with a Dodge at 300ms during the recovery
o This now applies to every attack, including ones that could be cancelled with a Dodge on Miss (Some attacks could be cancelled from 100ms to 300ms, some from 200ms to 400ms)
Developer’s Comment: Berserker already could cancel the recovery of many of their attacks with a Dodge, but only on miss – this limited the hero’s ability to be safer while attacking, and with this change Berserker should be able to have both more mobility and safety in outnumbered situations.
- Chained Light Attacks now cause a Medium Hit Reaction (up from Light)
- Chained Light Attacks chain link timing to Light Finishers are now from 366ms to 400ms (up from 200ms to 300ms)
- Chained Light Attacks chain link timing to Heavy Finishers are now from 166ms to 400ms (from 100ms to 300ms for Top Heavy Finishers and 200ms to 300ms for Side Heavy Finishers)
Developer’s Comment: Kensei should now have Heavy Finishers that are properly uninterruptible after a Chained Light attack, giving the hero more chain pressure. We’ve also adjusted the chain link timings from the Chained Light attack so that Kensei’s Light Finishers are still dodgeable after a Chained Light Attack.
- Left and Right Raven’s Claw and Raven’s Bile are now 400ms (from 466ms)
Developer’s Comment: With this change, Shaman should have stronger pressure and an easier time applying Bleed with Raven’s Claw and Raven’s Bile.
- Hakaze and Mujounokaze now cost 6 Stamina when performed without first blocking an attack (down from 12)
Developer’s Comment: Kyoshin’s Stamina costs were still too high while in Kaze Stance, and with this change the hero should have better Stamina economy and be able to attack more often.
- Light Finishers now cause a Medium Hit Reaction (from Light Hit Reaction)
- Light Finisher hit recovery is now 833ms (up from 700ms)
- Light Finisher Block recovery while in Revenge or facing an opponent that is Out of Stamina is now 733ms (up from 700ms)
- Can now cancel Tenebris Thrust’s recoveries with Bulwark Stance
Developer’s Comment: Black Prior’s Light Finishers causing a Medium Hit Reaction allows Black Prior to perform the attack, then cancel the recovery into a Bulwark Counter then Bulwark Slash without being interrupted by opponents, which should give the hero much better flow and options out their usual combat options. We’ve also adjusted the recoveries of these Light Finishers to ensure they follow the usual Frame Advantage rules introduced with the Core Combat Update. We’ve also addressed a long-standing issue with Black Prior in that the hero could not cancel the recovery of Tenebris Thrust with Bulwark Counter, as is present in the rest of the hero’s kit. This should help make the move safer and give it more options.
- Beast of Prey’s Guard Break vulnerability window is now 0ms to 433ms (was 0ms to 400ms)
- Beast of Prey now has the Extended Dodge property (Tracking Break from 100ms to 500ms and Invulnerability Frames from 100ms to 500ms)
Developer’s Comment: Warmonger’s Beast of Prey attack is slow and mostly used to reposition the hero around the battlefield and pressure opponents but did not have enough invulnerability to be able to use it effectively.
- Helm Cleaver is now Enhanced
Developer’s Comment: Gryphon needs a bit more pressure from neutral to enter their chains, and with this change the hero should be able to get into their chain pressure more effectively.
- Shield Tackle no longer causes Stamina Damage (was 30)
- Can now perform Viper’s Retreat at 100ms during Stance Change
- Can now perform Hidden Stance at 100ms during Stance Change
- Added a new option to deactivate all voice chat from players
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Valkyrie “Spear Sweep” Punish to pin opponents that are in an unpinnable state
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Nobushi Guard Break after a Heavy to not track in certain circumstances (FH-3506)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Tiandi’s “Dragon Kick” feint animation to cause an unnatural movement (FH-4550)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Aramusha to perform a back walking Heavy after a back throw (FH-4777)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Zhanhu’s “Qilin’s Ruse” and the Kyoshin’s “Mugen Houyou” opponents to become invulnerable to attacks (FH-2874)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warmonger’s “Corruption Blade”‘ feat to immediately enters cooldown after being countered by Black Prior’s Bulwark Counter (FH-310)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that allowed Players to break collision near Defender spawn point during Breach second gate phase on Hollowed Bastion map (FH-4599)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin’s scabbard to be offset during the animation of neutral dodges (not chained into any attack) (FH-4709)
- [Bug Fix]] Fixed an issue that caused the Samurai Crab Symbols to be missing (FH-4604)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Gladiator “Saburra” Chest to have visual glitch on the thigh when moving (FH-4359)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Berserker’s arm variants to be clippings on the hands (FH-4374)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin to be missing the “In ChaRAHcter” emote (FH-4178)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some Nobushi Chests pieces like Sangoshou upper body area glitches with the outer layer clothes (FH-3597)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Horkos Masquerade Event Weapons to be missing their unlock conditions (FH-4722)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Champion Status XP to be missing on the summary screen at the end of the match