Smartphone makers like Samsung are incorporating features into their phones that allow you to locate your phone in case of loss or theft.
Setting up Find My Samsung
Galaxy phones come with a built-in feature called Find My Mobile which allows you to locate a lost phone.
To set up the feature, follow these steps:
• Open the Settings app on your phone.
• Look for the Find My Mobile feature, then move the button to the next screen in activation position.
• Click Find My Mobile again to open its settings.
• Read the instructions, then enable or disable the option for remote unlocking and sending the last position.
Use the web feature to locate your phone
• In the web browser of the computer, go to findmymobile.samsung.com.
• Log in to your account.
• On the main screen, you will see a list of Samsung devices.
• Click on the phone name to see its current location.
• If your phone is lost, you can activate various actions including locking it or wiping data remotely.
Use Google to locate your phone
In addition to Samsung’s Find My Mobile service, you can also take advantage of a Google service called Find My Device to find your phone on the web.
To do this, follow these steps:
• Open a browser web on your computer and then go to the My Activities page via this link.
• On the right side of the screen, click the Security link.
• Scroll down to the Your devices section, then click the Find a lost device link.
• Touch the name of the lost phone.
• In the screen that appears, press the Play audio option if you are sure your device is near you.
• If you are sure your phone is not near you, you can press the option to lock the device to lock it remotely.
• You can also press the Erase Device option to delete the data in remote.
Read More About: Technology News