I had no idea what I was doing when I started this blog. It was the high point of the Web 2.0 boom, and everything new appeared to be absolutely free. I desired to try everything. Writing blog posts about what I discovered and attempted seemed natural. I was unaware that so many individuals would be interested in what I was writing. Here are some brief thoughts on educational technology.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 have come and gone.
- iPads came by and were supposed to revolutionize educational technology, but they didn’t.
- Chromebooks came along and had to revolutionize educational technology, they didn’t.
- Podcasting became popular and then lost popularity, but now it’s back.
- The feeling about social media has gone from love to love and hate.
- If you do not know how a company earns money, it either does not make or earns money with your data.
- RSS was the way everyone started reading blogs and websites. It appears that e-mail, social media, and direct visits are how most people now consume media.