As Valorant’s fourth controller, Astra may look beautiful, but her skills are not for the faint of heart. Everything you need to know to play as the Astra can be found here.
Valorant’s controller pool has been pretty limited for some time, but with the introduction of Astra, the Ghanaian agent who bends the cosmos to suit her mood, controller networks everywhere are delighted.
However, there is no agent like her and her skills look quite complex at first glance. If you love tactical thinking then the Astra is definitely for you. Here are our top tips and tricks to help you tame the space-destroying character.
While Astra’s kit looks confusing at first, it just takes a little getting used to. Her kit is completely selfless and focuses on setting traps to tie up enemies instead of hitting them with one shot. Their stars are the perfect tool to scold and slow down enemies or to mislead with their signature nebula smokers.
- Skill 1 – Gravity good: Place stars in astral form (X). ACTIVATE a star to create a gravity well. Players in the area will be pulled towards the center before it explodes, leaving all players still fragile.
- Skill 2 – Nova Pulse: Place stars in astral form (X). ACTIVATE a star to detonate a nova pulse. The Nova Pulse attacks briefly and then hits all players in its area.
- signature Ability – fog: Place stars in astral form (X). ACTIVATE a star to turn it into a nebula (smoke).
- Skill 4 – Scatter: Use (F) on a star to disperse it, and after a delay, return the star to a new location. Dissipate briefly forms a false nebula at the star’s location before returning.
- Ultimate Ability – Astral Form / Cosmic Rift:
- ACTIVATE to enter the astral form where you can place stars with PRIMARY FIRE. Stars can later be reactivated and converted into a Nova Pulse, Nebula or Gravity Well.
- With Cosmic Divide charged, use SECONDARY FIRE in astral form to start aiming and PRIMARY FIRE to choose two locations. An infinite cosmic chasm connects the two points you have chosen. Cosmic Divide blocks bullets and heavily attenuates audio.
Unlike her cohorts of agents, Astra appears to have six different skills at first glance. In reality this is not the case. The first part of her ultimate ability (astral form) shows a spatial view of the map and allows her to draw where her stars will go. If you make a mistake, Dissipate will be used to remove the star.
- Continue reading: Valorant Controller Tier List: Which Agent is Best for You?
The more potent abilities are her Gravity Well, Nova Pulse, and Nebula, with her Cosmic Rift being the most powerful of them all. With the ability to cut up the card the way she wants, Astra’s Ultimate is a real powerhouse.
As mentioned earlier, Astra’s place is within the Future earth meta ensures that your team can use their tricks to their advantage. From the backline, she is responsible for cutting off important routes and creating the best opportunity for her allies to strike.
The most effective way to do this is to use their gravity well. Dropping it at an important choke point will put enemies in one place and you can line them up to knock them down one by one. Both A Tower and Mid Window on Haven are prime examples of this.
However, it is her ult that has the real benefit. It is capable of cutting off sections of the map, deflecting bullets to keep Allies safe while planting or defusing, and also mutes the sound. If you are on the opposite side and forced to walk through the bright purple wall, you really risk everything.
- Continue reading: Valorant’s new agent Astra: First impressions
However, Astra has its pitfalls. The important thing is that when accessing her astral form, she sits in one place and has no view of the enemy, which makes her an easy target. Make sure you either have a communications team or find a safe place to drop your stars. Otherwise you are a sitting duck (in the truest sense of the word).
Plus, it does very little damage. If you don’t have a quick trigger finger, you may feel like you’re getting nowhere on the battlefield. Patience is key, but if this doesn’t suit your play style it can take quite a bit of getting used to.
Gaming News – AsumeTech’s attitude: Complex but rewarding
Astra fits perfectly into the wheelhouse of players who like to take a back seat and think tactically. Your kit will reap great rewards, and while it may not come in the form of kills and one-shots, knowing that you helped your team win is a satisfaction.
While she may not be as important to team composition as Jett or Raze, she is a lot of fun to play around with. Even the animations that accompany them are with a view of themselves so give them a try and see if you like them.
The post How to Play Astra: Valorant’s Cosmic Controller Agent first appeared on Gaming News – AsumeTech.