Windows 11 has a built-in voice typing feature that lets you use your voice for typing, text-to-speech, and translation. Microsoft has improved the tool and support for automatic punctuation to make them more advanced, fluid, accurate and faster.
The voice typing functionality in Windows 11 works automatically on any website or app that includes a text box. You can also add punctuation marks to your sentences as you write. Here’s how to activate it on yours computer:
• Open an app or website such as Notepad or Google Search.
• Press the Windows and H buttons on the keyboard.
• In the pop-up windowup appears, press the Microphone button.
• Place the cursor in the text box and then start speaking in so that the system converts what you say in text directly in notepad or search box.
To enable automatic punctuation, open the tool as mentioned in above, then press the settings icon (gear icon) and move the button next to the auto punctuation option in position on.
Troubleshoot the voice typing tool
If the tool doesn’t work well in Windows 11, you need to make some changes to the settings. To do this, follow these steps:
• In the Windows 11 main settings window, click the Time and Language tab.
• Select the Voice option on the right side of the window that appears.
• On the right side, in the Voice Language section, select the language of the instrument in according to your region and language.
• Enable or disable the button next to the option to recognize the non-native dialect of this language.
• In the Microphone section, click the Start option.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to solve the problem.
If the problem is resolved but the tool still doesn’t work, you should check that you have an internet connection and that the microphone on your computer Windows 11 is working properly.
And if you have a Microsoft 365 subscription, you can use the built-in dictation feature for voice typing in various Office applications. To do this, follow these steps:
• Open an Office application such as a word processor and Word.
• At the top right, click the Dictate option.
• Press the microphone button and start speaking and the system will convert your speech in text in real time.
• Click the Settings icon and select the Auto Punctuation option. You can also choose the language and activate the word filter option.
Read More About: Technology News