Portland @ New York
Current Records: Portland 12-9; New York 10-13
What to Know
This Saturday, the Portland Trail Blazers are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 116.48 points per contest. They will take on the New York Knicks on the road at 1 p.m. ET Saturday at Madison Square Garden. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
It was all tied up 57-57 at the half for Portland and the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday, but the Trail Blazers stepped up in the second half for a 121-105 victory. Among those leading the charge for Portland was power forward Carmelo Anthony, who had 22 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, New York narrowly escaped with a win as the squad sidled past the Chicago Bulls 107-103. New York’s power forward Julius Randle did his thing and shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 27 points, six assists and six rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Portland is expected to win a tight contest. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it’s been tough sledding overall. They are 8-3 ATS in away games but only 10-11 all in all.
The Trail Blazers came out on top in a nail-biter against the Knicks in the teams’ previous meeting last month, sneaking past 116-113. The rematch might be a little tougher for Portland since the team won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: MSG Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trail Blazers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Portland have won eight out of their last 11 games against New York.
- Jan 24, 2021 – Portland 116 vs. New York 113
- Jan 01, 2020 – New York 117 vs. Portland 93
- Dec 10, 2019 – Portland 115 vs. New York 87
- Jan 07, 2019 – Portland 111 vs. New York 101
- Nov 20, 2018 – Portland 118 vs. New York 114
- Mar 06, 2018 – Portland 111 vs. New York 87
- Nov 27, 2017 – Portland 103 vs. New York 91
- Mar 23, 2017 – Portland 110 vs. New York 95
- Nov 22, 2016 – New York 107 vs. Portland 103
- Mar 01, 2016 – Portland 104 vs. New York 85
- Dec 12, 2015 – New York 112 vs. Portland 110
Read More: NBA News