In the shadow of the armistice, Houthi mines continue to kill and injure Yemenis

A mine placed by the Houthi militia exploded on a civilian vehicle in Mocha district, west of Taiz governorate, southwest of Yemen, injuring two civilians.

The Yemeni Mine Observatory said Saturday today that Abdul Raqib Muhammad Haddad (20) and Abdul Ghani Muhammad al-Qubai (25) were injured when a Houthi mine exploded as they passed aboard a civilian vehicle on a side street in the Al-Rama area of ​​the Mocha neighborhood.

This occurs one day after the death of the citizen, Muhammad Ahmed Jerba (38), when a mine exploded while he was grazing cattle in thearea of Al-Zaafaran in the district of Al-Durayhimi, south of the city of Al-Hodeidah in the west of the country.

The Houthi militia is the only party on all fronts of the war in Yemen to have placed mines and explosive devices of various types and sizes, including individual banned internationally. Yemen has witnessed the largest mine-laying operation in the country since the end of World War II, according to human rights reports.

Previously, the Yemeni Mine Monitor invited the United Nations envoy in Yemen, Hans Grundberg, to pressure the Houthi militia to deliver maps of the mines planted in the governorates and areas under its control, in concomitance with the humanitarian truce in Yemen.

Human rights reports indicate that the Houthi militia planted more than two million mines, killing and injuring more than 20,000 civilians.

In its recent report to the United Nations Security Council, the UN Group of Eminent International Experts said that “the indiscriminate and systematic use of landmines by the Houthis, in particularly along the west coast, it represents a continuing threat to the civilian population “.

Read More About: World News