The National Oil Corporation of Libya, according to reports from two engineers from the ports of Es Sider and Ras Lanuf, said that loading operations in the two Libyan oil ports resumed today, Friday.
An engineer at the port of Hariga said that exports are still stopped there, as some people are preventing the loading.
Libyan oil production exceeded 1.3 million barrels per day for most of 2021, but insecurity, political divisions and disagreements over the budget they threaten to hinder production or stop exports in various fields or ports.
Last year, Eastern forces blocked almost all exports for months, which resulted in negotiations that came in the context of a broader effort to resolve the conflict in the country.
At the beginning of questyear, the National Oil Corporation declared force majeure on some exports, after its subsidiaries said they were not in unable to continue operating due to lack of budgetary funds.
The east-based parliament has repeatedly rejected budget plans for the interim unity government formed in March, as part of efforts to pace supported by the United States.
Meanwhile, there is a dispute between the oil minister of the national unity government, Mohamed Aoun, and the head of the National Oil Corporation, Mustafa Sanalla.
Aoun said he arrested Sanalla because he left Libya without obtaining permission from the ministry. Sanalla rejects him, saying that only the government has the power to arrest him.
Protesters who blocked exports to Sidra and Ras Lanuf demanded job opportunities and the sacking of Sanalla. As for the demonstrators in Hariga, they were asking for job opportunities. A group in the El Sharara oil field also threatened to stop production if Sanalla was not removed.
All these areas are controlled by the Eastern forces led by Khalifa Haftar.
Read More About: Business News