Crypto Briefs is your everyday, bite-sized absorb of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related news– examining the stories flying under the radar these days’s crypto news.
- Due to the coronavirus break out, among the biggest crypto conferences, Consensus 2020, at first arranged to happen in Might in New York City, “will now be a completely virtual experience, where attendees from all over the world can participate online at no charge,” Coindesk revealed, including that “If you already purchased a ticket to Consensus 2020, we will be issuing full refunds.”
- Likewise, among Japan’s greatest cryptocurrency and blockchain conferences has actually been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Per an official statement, the TEAMZ Blockchain Top in Tokyo was because of happen in late April, however has actually now been pressed back to the end of September. Organizers composed, “We are duly concerned about the safety and security of those attending the summit, speakers and sponsors.”
- The New York City State Department of Financial Providers (DFS) informed crypto companies to supply coronavirus readiness strategies. “An institution’s preparedness plan should be sufficiently flexible to effectively address a range of possible effects that could result from an outbreak of COVID-19, and reflect the institution’s size, complexity and activities,” they stated.
- South Korean attorneys state they have actually been flooded with questions about compliance and licensing-related matters after the nation’s parliament passed a brand-new cryptocurrency-related modification. Under the regards to the law, exchanges will need to fulfill unique banking requirements and make an application for regulatory allows. Per Herald Kyungjae, a variety of attorneys dealing with blockchain and market 4.0 business think that crypto exchange-related M&An offers will happen in the near future– with a market shake-up likely.
- PumaPay (PMA) revealed that it integrated PullPayment Procedure with Pornhub Premium, permitting users of this major adult website to handle their one-time and regular monthly Pornhub Premium payments through the PumaPay Mobile Wallet app.
- The Venezuelan federal government just recently handed out among its petro tokens each to all of the nation’s physicians. In a telecasted address, the nation’s president Nicolás Maduro stated he had actually picked the free gift to commemorate National Medical Professionals Day, which was on March10 The federal government declares that its oil-backed petro coin is worth some USD 60.
- Nevertheless, a financial specialist states that the petro will stop working as a currency specifically due to the fact that it is pegged to the cost oil. Per El Universal, Blockchain Center CEO and university teacher Luis Gilberto Caraballo states that oil’s own market volatility– as evinced by cost changes in the wake of the coronavirus break out– will naturally weaken any currency pegged to it, harming its trustworthiness.
Criminal activity news
- Latin America is ending up being a hotspot for cryptocurrency-powered money laundering, per a report from IntSights and priced quote by El Economista. The report’s authors declare that criminal gangs choose to use uncontrolled crypto exchanges and composed, “Organized criminal groups and drug cartels in Latin America are taking advantage of technological advances in the sphere of digital banking and money transference.”