Manchester City doubles Everton’s ordeal and regain the English Premier League title

LONDON: Manchester City continued their impressive record against Everton in the English Football League, beating them 3-0 on Sunday in the twelfth stage of the competition. Manchester City continued to chase Chelsea, the current English Premier League leader, as the team upped the score to 26 points to regain second place, one point ahead of Liverpool and three points behind Chelsea. Everton’s record stalled at 15 points after suffering a fourth defeat, compared to two draws in their last six games in the competition. The win is Manchester City’s eighth in a row against Everton in the English Premier League, knowing they’ve raised the score to 24 from Everton’s five goals in these eight games. Manchester City ended the first half with a clean goal, scored by Raheem Sterling in the 44th minute, to be his second only goal with the team in the competition in this season. In the second half, Rodrigo Hernandez scored a wonderful goal for the team with a superb shot from outside area penalty in the 55th minute, then Bernardo Silva scored the third goal in the 86th minute. Manchester imposed almost complete control of the game from the start and the team’s missed chances were many in front of Everton’s goal. Everton surprised their host with an attack in the first minute, which Anthony Gordon concluded with a shot that bounced off the defense. Then, Manchester City’s attacking attempts continued, with the team almost completely controlling the game. Phil Foden nearly opened the scoring for the team in the 11th minute after a Raheem Sterling cross pass from the right, and Foden struck with a header, but the ball missed the goal. Stirling and Ilkay Gündogan disturbed Everton’s defense a lot in the following minutes, but without a real threat to the goal. Everton made an emergency change on 17 minutes when Alex Iwobi replaced Demray Gray with an injury. Manchester City stepped up their offensive pressure but clashed with Everton’s organized and massed defense. At 28 ‘it was the most dangerous opportunity for Manchester since the start of the match, after a quick attack and a through ball by Cole Palmer for Bernardo Silva, who rushed to the borders of thearea to advance the ball in no defense, but goalkeeper Jordan Pickford blocked Silva’s attempt and then set the ball for Gundogan, who played with his head straight before Al-Har returned to his normal position. , But the ball hit the crossbar and it’s gone in angle. Manchester renewed the attempt in the 30th minute with a sudden and powerful shot from Palmer from outside area, who was blocked by goalkeeper Pickford, as Stirling’s attempt to follow him failed, as he played the weak ball into the goalkeeper’s hand. Manchester’s attempts resulted in a penalty kick for Sterling in the 33rd minute after trying to penetrate in area to be fouled by defender Michael Keane on the edge ofarea of rigor. The referee had to review the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system, amid Everton players’ strong objections to the penalty kick, before changing the decision and indicating that the game would continue without counting the penalty kick. The referee’s decision gave Everton’s defense great confidence, who continued to be persistent in the face of Manchester City’s continued attacking attempts. But Stirling broke the silence in the 44th minute by scoring the goal of the advance for Manchester. The goal came after an attack that was blocked by the Everton defense, to reach the ball to Cancelo, who renewed the attack and passed a typical long pass to Sterling, who rushed behind the defenders of ‘ Everton, to be paid by Sterling directly from the center of thearea penalty, so that the ball landed in the goalkeeper’s left side The first half ended with Manchester City in advantage with a goal cleaned up. Manchester resumed the attack early in the second half, and the team continued to disrupt Everton’s defense. The pressure from Manchester led to the second goal in the 55th minute, signed by Rodrigo Hernandez. The goal came after a quick attack organized by the team and a cross pass by Foden from the left, and the Everton defense kept him out of the way.area penalty, but Rodrygo took the opportunity and fired a missile from the front of thearea to live in the upper corner of the door to the right of the goalkeeper. Manchester City continued their attacking pressure and brilliant opportunities came from their players as Everton’s attempts to return to the match failed. Stirling missed a golden opportunity for Manchester City in the 78th minute after a quick attack from the team, which resulted in goalkeeper Pickford being spotted, but slowed in the shot and then hit the ball into the goalkeeper’s body which is advanced to deal with it. After several wasted chances, Bernardo Silva scored the third goal for Manchester in the 86th minute. The goal came after a quick attack led by Cancelo and passed the ball to Palmer, who fired from the edge of the box.area penalty, but hit one of the defenders and prepared in front of Silva, who followed her calmly and hit the ball in door to completely decide the game. (Dpa)

Read More About: Sports News

Leave a Reply