Musk begins unblocking controversial Twitter accounts

Elon Musk announced on Friday that Twitter plans to reinstate many controversial accounts that had been banned or suspended in previously, but added that the company has not yet made a decision on former US President Donald Trump’s account.

The announcement has arrived in following a tweet in which Musk attempted to clarify what the platform’s content moderation policies are under his leadership.

“Twitter’s new policy is freedom of expression, not freedom of access,” Musk tweeted, echoing an approach that is one standard of the sector. “Negative tweets or hate tweets will be unpublished in the extreme and monetization denied, so there is no advertising or other revenue for Twitter,” she added.

Musk said Twitter would reinstate the accounts of controversial Canadian publisher Jordan Peterson and right-wing satirical site Babylon Bee, which were previously banned from the platform.

He added that the account of comedian Kathy Griffin, who was suspended earlier this month for impersonating Musk, will also be reinstated.

The billionaire owner of Twitter in earlier he said he would defer judgment on the account of Trump, who announced his plans two days ago to run for president of the United States in 2024, and any other important decisions related to content until a “committee” is established moderation” to help decide on those issues.

The announcement comes as Musk grapples with the aftermath after dozens of Twitter employees opted not to stay in company after this week gave them an ultimatum to commit in an “extremely harsh” job or quit.

Users and some employees wondered whether the platform could collapse after Thursday’s staff resignation, which included key infrastructure engineers, as well as important roles in finance, user security and in other areas of the company, according to employee tweets.

Read More About: Technology News