We are now halfway through Netflix’s Geeked Week with a number of first looks, interviews and more to celebrate all things genre entertainment at Netflix. Every day from Monday 7th June to Friday 11th June there will be a special episode giving fans a wide array of exclusive news, new trailers, celebrity appearances and so much more.
You can watch the third installment below and keep scrolling for a quick recap of what we have learnt today:
- First we have the official trailer for R.L.Stine’s “Fear Street” trilogy film series which arrives on Netflix on July 2nd, 9th and 16th. The horror films are spread over 300 years with each film being set in it’s own year: 1994, 1978 and 1666 [read more…]
- Next up we get to meet some of the cast from the upcoming “The School For Good and Evil” film based on the novel by Soman Chainani – who is holding the interview. The story is about a school where ordinary children go to learn to be fairy tale heroes and villains. [read more…]
- Moving on is a message from the cast of “Awake”, which premiered today. After a global event wipes out humanity’s ability to sleep, a troubled ex-soldier fights to save her family as society and her mind spiral into chaos. [read more…]
- Next up we have an interview with Karen Gillan who introduces a new Netflix film “Gunpowder Milkshake” which arrive on Netflix in the USA on July 14th (it seems odd to announce a US-only release during a global announcement…). The action film follows three generations of women who fight back against those who could take everything from them.
- Moving on to “Black Summer”, a prequel series to “Z-Nation”: with Season 2 arriving on June 17th we are given an exclusive clip from the first episode [read more…]
- Now onto “Lucifer”. Season 5 Part 2 arrived on Netflix recently and we are treated to an exclusive blooper reel from the show! Tom Ellis and fellow cast will also be doing a table read of the pilot episode of the show.
- Finally some “Stranger Things 4” news! We are treated to a short behind the scenes video clip with The Duffer Brothers. Some new characters are announced too including Vicky who is played by Amybeth McNulty who has previously played Anne in “Anne With an E”. Another new character is Patrick (Miles Trewitt), Ms Kelly (Regina Ting Chen) and Chrissie (Grace VanDyne). We’ll publish a separate news post about the new additions later.
- Later this month there will also be a scripted podcast and a prequel novel about Robin titled “Rebel Robin: Surviving Hawkins” and we’re given a sneak peak of an episode. The podcast arrives on June 29th.
- “Stranger Things” is also heading into the gaming world. The show will join the online game “Smite”. Friday’s episode of Geeked Week is all about video games and will have more information about the game. And Eleven and other characters will be added to “Magic: The Gathering” later this year in a secret layer drop.
- A number of collectible figures from “Stranger Things” are also shown as well as an exclusive 10-minute video of the Hawkins drive through experience.
- The first five minutes of a brand new anime horror series “Trese”, which arrives tomorrow, was also shown.
However, stay tuned after the main announcements as the ‘Post-Show’ has a number of further details about the shows and films mentioned in today’s announcements as well as a live Q&A session with the cast of “Gunpowder Milkshake”, a table read of the pilot episode of “Lucifer”, and the first five minutes of a new anime series “Trese”.
We’ll see you tomorrow with more news and updates!
You can watch the events on Netflix’s accounts across all major platforms including: YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Facebook and TikTok and will ‘kick-off’ at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT.
Or you can head to http://geekedweek.com/ to get links to each video on YouTube.
Read More About Netflix: Netflix News