Forced follow-on after bundled out for 231 in reply to England first innings score of 369 for 9, India stared at defeat after a collapse in the second innings after the fifties by Verma and Deepti Sharma.
Debutante Sneh Rana (80 not out) and wicketkeeper Taniya Bhatia (44 not out) frustrated die draw english bowler off an exciting draw in the final session of the fourth day. Rana’s brilliance came after her impressive bowling numbers of 4th for 41 in the first innings.
These moments are engraved for long 🔝
Courtesy photo: Getty Images Picture.twitter.com / bl2J8wZ13l
– BCCI women (@BCCIWomen) June 20, 2021
During the match, a couple of records have been broken and here myKhel looks at her:
• Shafali Verma crushed a sudden 96 in the first innings and made 63 in the second innings, die youngest woman and fourth overall score twin half-Centuries in you debut Exam.
• Shafali became the first women’s cricketer in history to hit three sixes in a test match.
• Rana, who was playing you first game for India in five years became the first Indian and fourth overall score a half-century and take four wickets on exam debut.
• With her unbeaten beat of 80, Sneh Rana also were die highest Goalscorer by an Indian batting at 6 or lower in Women test cricket.
• Rana and Bhatia’s booth is that highest 9. wicket was standing for Indian women in Exams.
• India stretched you unbeaten Stripes against England women up to 26 years with this tie.
Read More: Cricket News