Participants in the dialogue with Sudan: We have presented a list of neutral names for its management

Waiting for the start of the second day of round direct dialogue in Sudan, next Sunday, some of the participating political forces revealed new information on what happened during the first session yesterday, Wednesday.

In exclusive statements to Al-Arabiya / Al-Hadath, some political forces have expressed their impressions on the convening of prime Sudanese direct dialogue sessions facilitated by the tripartite mechanism of the United Nations, the African Union and the Eastern and Central African States Development Organization (IGAD) to exit the political crisis.

Al-Tijani Al-Sisi, head of the National Movement Forces, said that the mechanism presented a document, through which the discussion was conducted and a large number of issues were resolved, revealing that the meeting decided to submit neutral Sudanese administration names to dialogue next week.

In turn, Ahmed Taqad Lisan, Secretary of Foreign Relations for Freedom and Change (Wing of the Agreement), described yesterday’s dialogue as successful and rational, underlining that it expressed the country’s political scene.

.vjs-texttrack-settings {display: nobody;}

“Nobody owns the road”

Meanwhile, Ali Khalif Askouri, head of the Democratic Alliance for Social Justice, has launched a violent attack on “those who claim to own the street,” as he said. in reference to Freedom and Change (the Central Council).

He also considered that no one owns the road and that those who oppose dialogue want to impose their agenda on all the Sudanese people.

For his part, Osama Saeed, official spokesman for the Revolutionary Front, has called on all parties to commit themselves so that the boycott forces join the dialogue, in so that all matters of the country can be discussed.

Who lost the conversation?

The first day of direct political dialogue, which began yesterday in Khartoum between the military and Sudanese parties, under the aegis of the UN and Africa, to resolve the country’s crisis after the military coup, ended in absence of the main opposition parties.

While the representative of the Secretary General of the United Nations in Sudan, Volker Perthes, in press conference, stressed that “all participants recognized that absent political forces have real interests in the democratic civil transition, and their presence is necessary for the success of this dialogue.” “Therefore, the tripartite mechanism will continue its efforts with them to get them to participate, “he added, speaking in Arabic.

Interestingly, yesterday’s session was attended by military officials, representatives of political parties and leaders of former rebel movements.

But last Monday the opposition Forces for Freedom and Change Alliance has announced its boycott of the dialogue, and the Umma Party, the country’s largest political party, has also refused to participate due to a lack of favorable conditions.

Also absent were the members of the “resistance committees” that appeared during the 2019 protests against Omar al-Bashir, and then against the exceptional measures imposed by the armed forces on 24 October, after which Abdullah Hamdok’s government was dissolved.

Sudan has been experiencing a political crisis between the military and civilian components since last year, which was exacerbated after the imposition of these exceptional measures, which prompted the United Nations to seek convergence of views, starting a first round of political dialogue which took place indirectly, and through direct dialogue between political parties.

Read More About: World News