Peter Andre's wife slams those who complained about Prince Philip BBC coverage after death

Prince Philip died “peacefully” aged 99 at his Windsor Castle residence earlier this month. Following the news, many television shows were postponed or cancelled across all the main channels and replaced with coverage about the late Royal. BBC One and Two delayed their planned scheduling to air special coverage, meaning shows such as the MasterChef final were put on hold at short notice.

If you don’t like something there are plenty of other channels available!

Peter Andre’s wife

The broadcasting company has since confirmed it received 109,741 complaints from the public.

Sharing her thoughts about the negative reaction, Emily said: “I was surprised that more than 100,000 people complained about the BBC’s coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh’s death.

“I don’t quite see the need to complain, because it means a lot to a lot of people, and it was such an important thing to cover.”

The wife of Peter Andre went on to say we were “lucky” to have so much choice of television shows, adding: “If you don’t like something there are plenty of other channels available!”

.Prince Philip ‘saddened’ as royals seen ‘as a soap opera’ amid Megxit

Peter Andre's wife slams those who complained about Prince Philip BBC coverage after death

The BBC received 109,741 complaints about its Prince Philip coverage (Image: ITV•GETTY)

Peter Andre's wife Emily blasted those who complained about the coverage

Peter Andre’s wife Emily blasted those who complained about the coverage (Image: GETTY)

Prince Philip died 'peacefully' aged 99 at his Windsor Castle residence

Prince Philip died ‘peacefully’ aged 99 at his Windsor Castle residence (Image: GETTY)

She continued in her latest OK! Magazine column: “I think it was really nice that they did such good coverage, but I do understand that I follow the Royal Family and not everyone does, so I guess it just wasn’t for everyone.”

Prince Philip was laid to rest last Saturday at St George’s Chapel, Windsor.

The socially distanced 50-minute service was attended by just 30 guests, due to coronavirus rules.

Emily’s husband Peter paid tribute to the late Prince on his Instagram page, writing: “Farewell Prince Philip. Thinking of our Queen.”

Peter Andre and his wife Emily Macdonagh paid tribute to the late Prince Philip

Peter Andre and his wife Emily Macdonagh paid tribute to the late Prince Philip (Image: GETTY)

A timeline of Prince Philip's life

A timeline of Prince Philip’s life (Image: EXPRESS)

Today, he also shared a picture of the Queen as she marks her 95th birthday today.

In view of his 1.7 million followers, he wrote: “I really wish it was a HAPPY birthday for this wonderful lady. Still, we wish you nothing but the best for your 95th birthday. #ourqueen #strongwoman.”

The Queen will not be celebrating her birthday this year following her husband’s death.

In a statement today, she said: “I have on the occasion of my 95th birthday today received many messages of good wishes, which I very much appreciate.

DON’T MISS…
Naga Munchetty says BBC thought ‘carefully’ about her hosting alone [LISTEN]
Joanna Lumley’s son had desperate letters ‘taken by teacher’ [REVEALED]
Lewis Hamilton responds to murder verdict in the trial of George Floyd [REACTION]

“While as a family we are in a period of great sadness, it has been a comfort to us all to see and hear the tributes paid to my husband from those within the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and around the world.”

Elsewhere, Kirstie Allsopp also hit out at people who complained about the coverage.

In view of her 426,000 Twitter followers, she commented: “We need to get back on with life, because if anyone has enough time to bother doing this then we’re so far up poo creek we couldn’t get back even with a paddle.”

News of Prince Philip’s death announced by the Royal Family on April 9.

The statement read: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.

“Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.”

Read More: Hollywood News

Source

Leave a Reply