Season 7 of the Pokemon Go Battle League begins alongside the new Seasons of Legends event. We have all the information you need to get involved.
Go Battle League was started by Niantic in 2020, and it breathed new life into the popular free mobile app. Trainers can compete in online PvP battles as they advance through the ranks and earn rewards in the process.
It has now been announced that Season 7 of Pokemon Go’s Battle League will launch alongside the Seasons of Legends in March 2021, and there are plenty of new features for Trainers to look forward to, including Shiny rewards and a brand new mug.
We’ve rounded up all of the information you need to know below. These are designed to help you plan ahead so you can get the best rewards, including encounters with Shiny Rufflet and Pikachu Libre.
Go Battle League Season 7 start date and time
Trainers who want to dive deep into the next Pokemon Go Battle League season, progress through the various stages and unlock all the exciting rewards, have a total of three months.
- Continue reading: Hilarious Pokemon Go Glitch Sabotage Reward
Season 7 of the Go Battle League begins on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. PST | 4:00 p.m. ET | 9 p.m. GMT and runs up Monday, May 31, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. PST | 4:00 p.m. ET | 9 p.m. GMT.
The final rewards for Season 6 of the Go Battle League, including an Elite FastTM if you’ve reached Rank 19 or higher, will also be delivered on March 1, 2021. Your current Battle League rating will be reset at this point.
Pokemon Go Battle League Season 7 Schedule
In addition to the usual Great, Ultra and Master Leagues, there will be a number of cups in the seventh season, including two new modes, the Great League Remix and the Retro Cup.
It has been confirmed that Season 7 has the same rank structure as Season 6. Each league starts at 1:00 p.m. and ends at 1:00 p.m. on the dates below.
- Big League: March 1st to 15th.
- Ultra League and its Premier Cup: March 15-29.
- Master League, Master League Classic and Great League: March 29th to April 5th.
- Great League, Ultra League and Master League: April 5th to 12th.
- Great League and the Great League Remix: April 12th to 26th.
- Ultra League and its Premier Cup: April 26th to May 10th
- Master League, Master League Classic and the Retro Cup: May 10th to 17th.
- Great League, Ultra League and Master League: May 17th to 24th.
- Kanto Cup (without rank): May 24th to 31st.
Pokemon Go Battle League Season 7 New Trophies
In the first place comes the Great league remixthat turns things upside down as the top 10 Pokémon in the Big League are banned from participating. The non-eligible Pokémon list is expected to be shared by Niantic around March 15.
- Continue reading: Best attackers and defenders in Pokemon Go
Next comes the Retro cupwhat is described as a “relapse” for coaches. Only the first 15 Pokemon types are allowed, meaning Dark, Steel and Fairy types are excluded, while the CP limit is 1500.
Finally, fans can take part in a rank without rank Kanto Cup. Only Pokedex entries from # 1 to # 151 are allowed to participate, and the CP limit is 1500. Your rating will not be affected during this cup.
Pokemon Go Battle League Season 7 Rewards
There are a number of exciting rewards for participating in the Go Battle League this season, including encounters with Zebstrika, Poliwhirl, Deino, Lampent, and possibly a Shiny Rufflet.
As expected, the best rewards are delivered when Trainers reach Legend rank as they encounter Pikachu Libre and earn Avatar items and a pose inspired by Black & White Elesa.
- Rank 1: An encounter with Zebstrika, one of Elesa’s partners Pokemon.
- Rank 1 and above: Encounters with Poliwhirl, Flaaffy, Pupitar, Galvantula and more.
- Rank 10: Pikachu Libre Avatar items.
- Rank 10 and above: Encounters with Medicham, Frillish, Stunfisk and more.
- Rank 15 and above: Encounters with Scraggy, Lampent and Rufflet with potential for a Shiny Rufflet.
- Rank 19: An Elite ChargeTM.
- Rank 20 and above: An encounter with the legendary Pokémon that appeared in raids at the time.
- Ace rank and above: An encounter with Deino.
- Legend Rank: An encounter with Pikachu Libre as well as avatar items and an Elesa-inspired pose.
You will also earn more Candy XL than normal if you catch the following Pokémon during the Reward encounters in the Go Battle League: Poliwhirl, Flaaffy, Pupitar, Medicham, Scraggy, Galvantula, Lampent, and Stunfisk.
As you can see, there is a lot for coaches to do to get involved in this season and some tough fighting is ahead. But with rewards this good, it’s definitely worth the time and effort moving up the ranks.
For more information on what to expect from Pokemon Go in the coming months, check out our Seasons of Legends hub, which is where you can find details on new mega evolutions and the debut of the Therian Formes.
The entry Pokemon Go Battle League Season 7: Schedule, Rewards and New Cups first appeared on Gaming News – AsumeTech.