Robinson suspended from England duty ahead of Investigations into racist and sexist posts

Sussex pace Bowler Robinson took 7-101 and scored 42 runs in the drawn first exam against New Zealand at Lord’s.

Yet while the sailor from Sussex in action on the field on the first Day of the test, he comments made in 2012 and 2013 – when he was 18 and 19 years old – showed up on social media.

The discovery of die Comments came to England players wore anti-discrimination T-shirts with messages about racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, and age discrimination of play beginning on Wednesday.

ECB chief Tom Harrison condemned die Post in the strongest possible way and confirmed full Investigation would be initiated as part of die ruling body of disciplinary proceedings.

A statement from the ECB on Confirmed Sunday die 27-year-alter cannot participate in international cricket to die Investigation is complete.

The statement said: “England and Sussex bowler, Ollie Robinson, has been suspended from everyone international cricket until the result of he conducted a disciplinary investigation into historical tweets posted in 2012 and 2013.

“He won’t be available for selection for the second exam against New Zealand from Edgbaston on Thursday June 10th.

“Robinson will leave camp England immediately and in return his county. “

At the end of play on Day one of In the test, Robinson admitted to feeling “ashamed” of the social media Contributions.

“On the greatest day of my career so far are mine die embarrassing racist and sexist tweets, die I posted over eight years ago, die have become today public,” he said.

“I want to make it clear that I am not racist and not sexist. I deeply regret my actions and I am ashamed of them of make such remarks.

“I was thoughtless and irresponsible, and yet of My state of In my opinion, my actions at the time were inexcusable. Since that time I have matured and repented as a person die Tweets fully. “

Read More: Cricket News

Source

Leave a Reply