Sea of Thieves goes offline for server downtime and a brand new update
UPDATE 2: Sea of Thieves server maintenance has come to an end on Xbox and PC.
The game is back online on all platforms, although you’ll need to download and install an update before jumping back in.
You can see the full list of update 2.3.2 patch notes further down the page.
UPDATE: Sea of Thieves has been taken offline for server maintenance on Xbox consoles and PC.
The news was announced by Rare on Twitter, although patch notes are still MIA. Express Online will update this story once patch notes are available.
“And just like that, the Sea of Thieves servers are offline for essential maintenance.
“The shipwrights need a short while for their tinkering, but we’ll let you know as soon as it’s safe to set sail. Please note that there will be an update to download before you do so. Cheers!”
ORIGINAL: Sea of Thieves developer Rare has released a brand new update for the pirate adventure game.
The new Sea of Thieves update will be available to download on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One from 10am GMT in the UK.
Unfortunately, however, the new update will be joined by a period of server downtime, which also begins at 10am.
Rare typically takes the game offline for around three hours, so you can expect things to return to normal at 1pm GMT.
The news was announced by Rare on Twitter: “Attention pirates! We’ll be performing some essential maintenance on the Sea of Thieves servers tomorrow, November 11th, from around 10am GMT.
“Once we’re back online, and before you set sail again, you’ll need to download a small update – please plan your Voyages accordingly.”
Rare followed its original tweet with an update on the server status of Sea of Thieves.
“This is your one hour warning – the Sea of Thieves servers will be taken offline for maintenance at approximately 10am GMT. Check your map, mark the nearest Outpost and cash those chests!”
Sea of Thieves update 2.3.2 patch notes…
• Outpost Points of Interest
– When players explore the Outposts, they are now greeted with a subtle notification to confirm their location.
– While this feature is enabled by default to improve the new player experience, it can be disabled by adjusting ‘World Location Banners’ in the Settings menu.
• Automatically Vote on Proposed Voyages
– The player who proposes a Voyage will now also automatically vote for it.
– While this new voting mechanic is enabled by default to improve the Voyage experience for new players, it can be disabled by adjusting ‘Auto-vote on Voyage Proposal’ in settings.
• Deep Sea Enemy Encounters
– While swimming underwater, players can still be ambushed by Sirens, but this now occurs less frequently.
– When a crew encounters Sirens in the open seas, the limit on how many Sirens will appear during the encounter has been significantly reduced.
• Shrine of Ancient Tears Balancing
– The Shrine of Ancient Tears now has an increased timer after completion before its treasures once more become available to explorers.
• Sloop Redecorating
– Crews preferring the smaller-sized Sloop have often questioned the need for a brig on board. Sloopers will now find that the brig has been replaced with a comfy mattress.
• Crimson Crypt Cannon Flare
– The recently released Crimson Crypt Cannon Flare has been updated so that the lingering smoke effects masking the player’s view after firing a shot are better aligned with those of other Cannon Flares.
– The occlusion from this effect can no longer be affected by graphics quality settings.
• Letters of Recommendation
– Larinna offers additional Letters of Recommendation for purchase in this update, to make up for a lack of availability in previous updates.
• Crews joining a server at the start of a session should now always begin their journey at an Outpost.
• After firing an Eye of Reach, switching to a cutlass and back in quick succession no longer reloads the weapon outside the player’s view.
• Crews in The Arena should no longer discover washed-up Voyages, resources or ammunition during contests.
• When the Fort at Molten Sands becomes active, skeleton waves will now emerge from the ground together in groups.
• When caging animals, leaving them on an island and returning from some distance away should no longer cause them to change colour.
• Megalodons attacking a stationary ship should no longer cause the ship to stutter in position.
• When starting a Merchant Alliance Cargo Voyage within The Devil’s Roar, Morrow’s Peak will no longer appear as a cargo collection location.
• Players should now be able to redeem Resource and Commodity Crates even after server migration.
Player Input Handling
• While wielding a weapon and holding fire, using and releasing an interactable ship feature will no longer fire the weapon being held.
• While holding food, using the ship’s water barrel will no longer show the eating animation without consuming the food.
• When using the shovel to dig, switching to another piece of equipment or weapon will no longer force the primary input to become stuck.
Fury of the Damned
• All players who contributed to the Community Spirit Challenge by annihilating skeletons during October’s Fury of the Damned Event will now find the Destroyer of the Damned Title available in their Vanity Chest.
• ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – The Siren Queen and Sirens will no longer disappear when a player is above the tridents in the Siren Queen’s throne room.
• ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Players can no longer get stuck between tree roots near the shipwreck in the swamp area.
• ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Invisible collision has been removed from the stairs in Isla Tesoro.
• ‘Dark Brethren’ – Players can now interact with the journal found next to the chair in the Dark Brethren meeting chamber.
• ‘Dark Brethren’ – There is no longer an invisible wall beneath the red coral in the Dark Brethren room.
• ‘Dark Brethren’ – Rebinding movement controls on PC no longer prevents players from being able to navigate keys on the organ.
• If a player dies in the process of storing items in a Sunken Merfolk Statue, the storing will now be cancelled immediately and the total items stored will not be updated.
• Within Treasuries, the Vault Master’s health will no longer reset if a player and their crew die.
• After using a Merfolk Statue to return to their ship, players should no longer briefly reappear back in the Shrine for other crews.
• After retrieving Sunken Merfolk Statue loot on the surface and migrating servers, the Statue’s eyes will no longer glow upon returning.
• The Trident’s ammo will no longer replenish after being stored and recovered from a Sunken Merfolk Statue.
• Shrine of Hungering – When the lower stone face is activated for a second time, the water audio and visual effects no longer get stuck.
• Shrine of the Coral Tomb – Players can no longer use the terrain and sword lunges to skip the puzzle.
• Shrine of the Coral Tomb – Players can no longer pass through the Shrine walls near the blue coral after raising the water level.
• Shrine of the Coral Tomb – There is no longer a gap in the environment allowing the player to see out of the Shrine.
• Shrine of Tribute – Sirens no longer get stuck when they spawn under a statue in the main statue room.
• Shrine of Tribute – Players can no longer become stuck near the coral Siren Statue.
• Shrine of Tribute – Players can no longer venture outside the environment through a gap in the Shrine wall.
• Shrine of Tribute – Players can no longer venture outside the environment through the base of a Merfolk Statue.
• Shrine of Tribute – Various pieces of coral can no longer be walked through.
• Shrine of Ocean’s Fortune – There is no longer an unintended pocket of water in the tunnel between the second level and final chamber.
• Graymarrow can no longer become stuck in a tree on the Fort of the Damned.
• There is no longer a floating rock on the north-west side of Kraken’s Watchtower.
• Items placed around the exterior of the Glorious Sea Dog Tavern can now be picked back up again.
Visual and Audio
• When boarding a ship from the sea, players are no longer able to muffle the boarding audio effects by grabbing the ladder while underwater or while using equipment, ensuring nearby players will always hear someone boarding from the ocean.
• Players should no longer be able to strike a location where other players may be respawning and receive an audio effect, confirming that player’s location.
• Players should no longer briefly see another crew’s mermaid smoke and audio effects when they themselves are not abandoned at sea.
• Season notifications no longer pop up over the Maiden Voyage outro cutscene.
• Players equipping the Scorched Forsaken Ashes Figurehead on a Sloop will now see the correct figurehead applied.
• When a player is looking into the sky while holding an item, their pirate’s hand should no longer disappear.
• The Fearless Bone Crusher Figurehead now sits correctly on all ship types.
• Players’ fingers should no longer stick out of the Wicked Web Gloves.
• When playing on an Xbox One, the screen should no longer flash rapidly when another player is interacting (or cancelling an interaction) with a ladder while holding a pet.
Text and Localisation
• The Gold Hoarder’s name is now correctly translated above his head in Turkish.
• The ‘Store’ and ‘Take’ transfer text is now greyed out when a barrel is empty.
• Pets can once again be named Pedro.
• When the game’s language is set to Turkish, the tab font within the Pirate Emporium should no longer be too big and the names of categories should now fit.
• When the game’s language is set to Korean, dying and offering your soul to the Ferryman now shows the circle filling properly when holding the button or key required to complete this action.
Performance and Stability
• Server stability has been improved, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
• Improvements made to server performance, reducing latency, lag spikes, rubberbanding and server correction during gameplay.
• Client stability has also been improved, reducing scenarios where players experience a game crash.
Read More: Gaming News
Denial of any Responsibility!
AsumeTech is a News Source that Publishes News from its Editorial Team and the Automatic News Aggregation around the News Media. All the Aggregated Content you find on our site is available freely over the Internet; each piece of Content includes the hyperlink to its Primary Source. We have just arranged that in our platform for Educational Purposes only. All the Copyrights and Trademarks belong to their Rightful Owners and all Materials to their Authors. If you are the Content owner and do not want us to publish your materials on our Website, please get in touch with us by email – [email protected]; we will remove the Content from our Website.