A new update has been released for Sea of Thieves Update 126.96.36.199 with Patch Notes. You can find out all the details of the Game Update, Bug Fixes, improvements, and Patch Notes below. The Sea of Thieves Update 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes are now available for download, for all platforms, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The file size may vary depending on the platform.
- Improved the experience when bailing a full bucket of water, reducing scenarios where water would still be left in the bucket after bailing.
- Players lighting the Flames of Fate and placing a Ritual Skull within the Fort of the Damned will now consistently begin the encounter.
- Players should now encounter a more consistent rotation of World Events across the seas.
- While wearing the Lionfish Costume, attempting to perform the emote from the radial menu will now display the correct iconography.
Performance and Stability
- Optimised retrieval of player models for players joining a server to improve server performance and reduce black screen load times.
Reduced Server Performance
- Players may experience scenarios where they encounter ping spikes at random while playing, resulting in rubberbanding or client stutters. While improvements have been released in update 184.108.40.206, the team continue to work on further improvements for future updates.
Steam Achievement Unlocking Issues
- Some Steam players may find that after an achievement is unlocked in the game, it is not unlocked within Steam.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to the player combat experience.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Source: Sea of Thieves