the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday expressed his concern over the make-up of the new interim Afghan government announced by the Taliban, including the lack of of women leaders and the past actions of some of the ones die are appointed to top positions.
A spokesman for the State Department said: in shared a statement with The hill dieeven though the Talibanpresented this as an interim cabinet,” the US will “judge the Taliban by its actions, not words.”
“We have made clear our expectation that the Afghan people deserve an inclusive government”, the spokesman added.
The statement went on to note that the list of names announced by the Taliban earlier Tuesday “consists exclusively of” of individuals who its members of the Taliban of their closest associates and no women.”
The announced leaders come after the Taliban last month specifically named on women until join government offices in an apparent attempt to portray itself as a more moderate version of the group that previously enforced extreme laws on women and girls, including preventing them from going to school and forbidding them from leaving school homes unless they were accompanied by a man.
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs also said on Tuesday that it “concerned by preferences and track records of some of the individuals.”
Between the leaders announced Tuesday was it pick for acting interior minister, Sarajuddin Haqqan, who is currently wanted by the FBI in link with a 2008 attack on a hotel in Kabul that left six peopleincluding a US citizen, dead.
The FBI had offered $5 million reward for information leading to Haqqan’s arrest, although this had raised to $10 million later Tuesday.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the… government would be headed by Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund, with group co-founder Abdul Ghani Baradar as interim governmentdeputy leader.
While the Biden administration has been in Contact with Taliban leaders to coordinate the evacuation of American burgers and Afghan allies, the US has not officially recognized the Taliban as Afghanistan’s legitimate ruling body since the militant group’s territorial takeover of the country last month.
The spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs added Tuesday that the Biden administration will “the Taliban continue to live up to their commitments to allow Safe passage for foreigners and afghans with travel documents, including allowing flights currently Ready to fly out of Afghanistan to agreed further destinations.”
“We also repeat our clear expect the Taliban ensure that Afghan soil is not used to threaten others countries and allow humanitarian access in support of the Afghan people”, the explanation added. “The world keeps close watch in the holes.”
Read More: World News
Denial of any Responsibility!
AsumeTech is a News Source that Publishes News from its Editorial Team and the Automatic News Aggregation around the News Media. All the Aggregated Content you find on our site is available freely over the Internet; each piece of Content includes the hyperlink to its Primary Source. We have just arranged that in our platform for Educational Purposes only. All the Copyrights and Trademarks belong to their Rightful Owners and all Materials to their Authors. If you are the Content owner and do not want us to publish your materials on our Website, please get in touch with us by email – [email protected]; we will remove the Content from our Website.