The announcement comes one month after we published a story in which we investigated some of the rumors that had begun circulating about a top-secret Miraculous project that its developer had teased. Indeed, certain promotional materials that were noticed by fans indicated that the film would soon be available on Netflix.
Given where we were at the beginning of the year, the fact that Miraculous is even available on Netflix comes as a surprise. You may recall that the primary show was scheduled to be removed from Netflix in most territories due to Disney+’s acquisition of the rights to air it. Of course, the show did end up staying on Netflix (there are already five seasons of the show available in the United States). Now we know that the streaming service will be the home for the eagerly awaited movie, which was announced in 2018 and will begin production in 2019.
According to Netflix, the following is a rundown of things to anticipate from the movie:
“… follows ordinary teenager Marinette, whose life in Paris goes superhuman when she becomes Ladybug. Bestowed with magical powers of creation, Ladybug must unite with her opposite, Cat Noir, to save Paris as a new villain unleashes chaos unto the city.”
The voice cast includes:
- Cristina Vee as Marinette Dupain-Cheng / Ladybug
- Bryce Papenbrook as Adrien Agreste / Cat Noir
- Mela Lee as Tikki
- Max Mittelman as Plagg
- Keith Silverstein as Gabriel Agreste / Hawk Moth
- Sabrina Weisz as Nathalie Sancoeur
- Carrie Keranen as Alya Césaire / Rena Rouge
- Zeno Robinson as Nino Lahiffe / Carapace
- Selah Victor as Chloé Bourgeois / Queen Bee
- Christopher Corey Smith as Tom Dupain
When will the movie Miraculous: Ladybug & Cat Noir be available for streaming on Netflix?
The announcement that the film will be available on Netflix on July 28, 2023, was made alongside a teaser trailer and poster for the film.
Netflix holds the rights to distribute the feature film worldwide except for the countries of France, Germany, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Southeast Asia.
In addition, it is important to note that the feature film is scheduled to have a theatrical release in several European countries beginning in June 2023 and continuing through July of that year.
Additional information regarding the people responsible for the future film is as follows:
- Age Rating (US): TV-Y7
- Director: Jeremy Zag
- Story By: Jeremy Zag
- Original Screenplay By: Jeremy Zag, Bettina López Mendoza
- Producers: Aton Soumache, Jeremy Zag, Daisy Shang
- Emmanuel Jacomet, Michael Gracey, Tyler Thompson, Alexis Vonarb, Jean-Bernard Marinot, Cynthia Zouari, Thierry Pasquet, and Ben Li served as executive producers for this project.
You must log in to post a comment.