An Indian Defense Ministry official said on Thursday that talks between Indian and Chinese military leaders on easing a 20-month border crisis ended without progress for the second time. in three months.
The two sides had a “frank and in-depth discussion of views” during the meeting on the Chinese side of the Moldovan meeting point on Wednesday, the ministry said. in a statement, and they will work to resolve any remaining unspecified issues.
Also the previous round of leader-level talks in October ended in a stalemate, with China accusing India of abiding by “unreasonable and unrealistic demands, adding difficulties to the negotiations”.
India and China have placed tens of thousands of soldiers, supported by artillery, tanks and fighter planes, along their real border, called Line of Actual Control. In 2020, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a fight with Chinese soldiers using batons, stones and fists. China said it had lost four soldiers.
Indian army chief Manoj Mukund Naravani on Wednesday described the current situation in eastern Ladakh as “stable and under control”, but told reporters in New Delhi that India will continue to engage with China. in “resolute and firm” way.
Asked about the comment Thursday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin told Beijing that China hopes that “a certain Indian person can avoid making such non-constructive comments.”
Since February last year, India and China have withdrawn their forces from some locations on the northern and southern shores of Pangong Tso, Gogra and Galwan Valley, but continue to maintain additional forces as part of a multilevel deployment.
The “Line of Effective Control” separates the territories controlled by China and India from Ladakh in the west to the state of Arunachal Pradesh in eastern India, which is fully claimed by China. India and China fought a war across the border in 1962.
Read More About: World News