The UAE’s non-oil foreign trade rises to $ 245 billion in 6 months

The UAE’s non-oil foreign trade recorded a 27% growth in the first half of 2021, compared to the first half of 2020, and a 6% increase compared to the same period in 2019, i.e. in the period before the spread of the pandemic. “Covid 19” in the world, This demonstrates the rapid resumption of the country’s non-oil foreign trade and its return to its positive path.

According to preliminary official data, the country’s non-oil foreign trade recorded an estimated 900 billion dirhams ($ 245 billion) in the first half of 2021.

The country’s non-oil exports increased over the same period to Dh 170 billion, reaching 44% growth over the first half of 2020 and a 41% increase over the same period in 2019, according to the Emirates news agency. . .

The percentage of the contribution of non-oil exports to the country’s total non-oil foreign trade during the period increased to around 19%, compared to 16.6% in the first half of 2020 and 14.2% in the first half of 2019.

One studio Analysis of the Ministry of Economy on preliminary data on non-oil foreign trade activities indicated that the country’s gold exports exceeded 70 billion dirhams in the first half of 2021, and recorded a growth of 48% compared to the first half. of 2020.

The rest of non-oil exports, excluding gold, reached a volume of 98 billion dirhams, a growth of 42% compared to the first half of 2020 and 20% compared to the same period in 2019. 87% of exports non-oil products of the country are of national origin and 13% come from free zones and customs warehouses.

Gold, jewelery, jewelery, aluminum, plastics, copper and its products, iron and steel and its products were the top 5 non-oil exports in the country, as their total value saw a 50% growth in the first half of 2021 , compared to the first half of 2020, and by 47.4% compared to the same period of 2019.

Re-export activities, which totaled AED 238 billion in the first half of 2021, grew by 22% over the same period in 2020, knowing that 46% of the re-export activity in the country comes from the local market and 54% from free zones.

The volume of imports in the same period exceeded 482 billion dirhams, with a growth of 24% compared to the first half of 2020 and 3% compared to the first half of 2019, knowing that 66% of those imports go to the local market. and 34% to free zones and customs warehouses.

The studio released by the Ministry of Economy indicated that for the total non-oil trade of the State, 65% of it is with the local market, while free zones and customs warehouses represent the remaining 35%. studio also highlighted that 46% of this trade is transported for via air, 35% via sea ​​and 20% via Earth.

As for the country’s trading partners, the country’s non-oil trade with the 5 most important countries in via growth in the first half of 2021 compared to the same period of 2020, and these countries are China, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Turkey and Italy.

As regards the prime 5 destinations to which domestic non-oil exports increased over the same comparison period include India, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Kuwait and China, while countries that have increased UAE re-exports to them include Arabia Saudi, Iraq and Egypt.

Read More About: Business News

Leave a Reply