By Charles Clarke
March 16, 2022
Horizon Forbidden West Update
A new update has been released for Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.08 with Patch Notes are now available for download, for all platforms PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PC
– The team is continuing to investigate and tweak the reported graphical issues regarding shimmering, sharpening, and screen saturation.
– Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘To The Brink’ where using Silent Strike on a quest-specific Bristleback would teleport the player to Chainscrape.
– Fixed an issue inside quest ‘The Bristlebacks’ where Ulvund didn’t get the memo and stuck around in Chainscrape after the quest was completed.
– Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run, where passing the finish line in last place would result in a win in specific circumstances. – Fixed several issues with specific Firegleam and Metal Flower icons not being displayed on the map.
– Fixed an issue where the Machine Strike UI would briefly flicker at the end of a game.
– Fixed an issue where Aloy wouldn’t appear wet anymore after being in the water. – Multiple graphics fixes and improvements in cinematics. – Multiple visual improvements in shadows and clouds.
Performance and Stability
– Multiple crash fixes. – Multiple performances and streaming improvements in cinematics. – Removed multiple unintentional loading screens and black screens. – Fixed multiple instances of streaming and visual popping.
– Made several improvements to the NPCs’ movement and animations in settlements. – Made it easier to tag individual components when using motion aiming and scanning machines.
– When picking up potions or tools that don’t fit in your toolbelt anymore they are now moved to the stash. – Several balancing changes to weapons and enemies. – Fixed several instances where Aloy could get stuck in geometry.
– Several data points that are located in areas that the player could not return to are now automatically unlocked upon the player leaving that space. – Fixed multiple instances of specific music tracks getting stuck and repeating