After Star-Lord intergalactic outlaw. Instead of kidnap the son of in 1988, the Ravagers take Prince Wakandan T’Challa (the late Chadwick Boseman), who became in the main MCU., the second episode of animated series What happens if…? landed on wednesday and brought us in a new alternating reality where Peter Quill never became
The omniscient Guardian () reveals how accidentally tearing the charismatic future king changes the universe, in What if … T’Challa becomes a Star-Lord.
Spatial spoilers await us.
The Mad Titan thrills out
Unsurprisingly, T’Challa is much better at being a lord of Peter’s stars, pushing Yondu (Michael Rooker) and the Ravagers to be more heroic. He even managed to convince Thanos (Josh Brolin) to abandon his plan for (although he still thinks it would have been efficient).
“I’m a big man enough to admit when I am wrong,” he says. “T’Challa here showed me he was there more from one way to reallocate the resources of the universe. ”
From the machinations of Thanos in his quest for the Infinity Stones have formed a lot of the main MCU timeline, this rewrites a lot of what we knew. There is still friction between him and his foster daughter Nebula (Karen Gillen) although.
T’Challa also saved Drax (Dave Bautista) homeworld Kylos from a Kree invasion, so his wife and daughter they are still alive – they were killed by Ronan the Accuser in the original timeline – and Drax works as a bartender.
Movie in I arrive in 2021 from Netflix, Marvel, HBO and more
See all photos
Climb of The collector
Turns out Taneleer Tivan (Benicio del Toro), aka the Collector, filled in the power empty left since the Thanos reform. He even recruited the Black Order, Thanos’ henchmen in the original timeline, to act as its security.
He still loves collecting relics, species and fauna from across the galaxy in this reality – including Embers of Genesis, a nutrient-rich cosmic powder that can fix up dying planets or feed “billions” of people on millions of worlds. “Nebula wants to steal the Embers by pretending to offer the recovered Orb T-Challa on Morag. (This turns out be a cover story although.)
The collector also he tried to purchase the Orbe in the original timeline (where it was obtained from Peter Quill) in his quest to collect the Infinity Stones – the Orb acted as a containment device for the dangerous Stone of Power.
A collection of Weapons
In his battle with T’Challa and Yondu, the Collector wields several associated weapons with heroes and villains of the main MCU.
Thor Mjolnir’s hammer and Captain America’s shield candies also to be seen in his fantasy display case – suggesting that the Collector slaughtered some Avengers in his rise to power.
Back on Earth, this Peter Quill reality show (Chris Pratt) apparently lived a normal life and works at a Dairy Queen. He confronts his own father, the Heavenly Self (Kurt Russell), whose, whose eyes they shine menacingly.
“Mashed potato bad this could mean the end of the world, ” says the observer. “But this is a story for another day.”
The Celestials are an ancient race which can manipulate matter and energy. Ego wanted expanding his consciousness to assimilate the entire universe (the Watcher downplayed the threat a little), but he needed the power of a second Heavenly to do it. has impregnated women of many species to create one, but Peter was the only one one who inherited ego power.
In original MCU timeline, Yondu kept Peter away from Ego after realizing the evil Celestial was slaughtering his offspring in his quest for a suitable child. The ego has tracked his son down in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but Peter managed to resist after the stupid Celestial admitted killing his mother. Peter eventually defeated his father with the help of his fellow Guardians, losing his celestial powers in the process.
Observations, WTF questions and Easter eggs
- This episode is dedicated to “our friend, our inspiration and our hero Chadwick Boseman”. Boseman to 43. We will listen to his vocal performances in four episodes of What happens if…?
- Our first look of Star-Lord T’Challa on Morag mirrors our introduction to Peter Quill in the first Guardians of the galaxy. Kree Korath Hunter (Djimon Hounsou) was dismissive of Peter, but fanboy out over T’Challa and ends up joining he.
- If you have a Roy Ayers Escape — the music that sounds during Luis’s Incredible Stories – be worked in score when Nebula explains their plan to take the Embers and their triple crossing later on. the atmosphere of the elements of the hit of this episode, could be due to elements that sound like
- What happened to Gamora? in this reality? she is visible on the poster for this series, Thanos sportsman armor and looks very cool indeed, so presumably it will show up after. If it is Gamora of this universe, it is possible she took up his quest for the Infinity Stones.
- T’Challa claims that the reformed Thanos “now the gardens” – he does in the main chronology later completing his genocide quest (until Thor beheads him).
- Yondu remembers Robin Hood badly calling him “Robin Leach”, the late reporter best known for hosting Lifestyles of the rich and famous.
- T’Challa briefly teams up with Howard the duck (Seth Green), who has cameos in the two guardians of the galaxy movies and Avengers: Endgame. He also starred in a completely strange 1986 live-action movie, but this is not part of the MCU (for Now).
- Nice (Ophelia Lovibond), servant of the tax collector, tried to betray him in the main Also the history of the MCU. She was not as successful there, since she did grabbed the stone of power and it was destroyed for his power in the first Guardians of the galaxy.
- The fate of the collector – facing a horde of people subjugated – is similar to That of the Grand Master in Thor: Ragnarok. These characters they are brothers.
- In Wakanda party, Kraglin (Sean Gunn) Talks about jump points making “your” face all scramble-y. “We i saw this in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Peter is listening to Space Age Love Song in the final scene. This 1982 song from A Flock Of Seagulls plays during the 80’s themed throwback dance in .
- The Celestials created the Eternals, a race of immortal superbe who’ll this November.
Stick us for more Easter eggs and remarks next Wednesday, August 25, when episode 3 of What happens if…? hits Disney Plus.
Read More About Tech News here!