What happens to the human body when a large amount of alcohol is consumed?

Dr. Maria Arabova, a hepatologist, stated that severe intoxication (sugar) can lead to respiratory failure.

In an interview with the Izvestia newspaper, the specialist notes that severe intoxication is dangerous for health and even for life. Therefore, without medical help, it is difficult to cope with it.

And he adds, explaining that the most dangerous thing that the body is exposed to is excessive drinking for a short period of time. That is, drinking more than five servings of alcohol within two hours. One dose is 50 g of strong alcohol, one glass of wine or one glass of beer. In this case, poisoning occurs, as the liver is not able to purify the blood in this short period. As a result, toxic substances from the decomposition of ethanol begin to accumulate.

She says: “First of all, the nervous system, brain and heart suffer. Five minutes after drinking alcohol, ethanol reaches the blood, and after 1-2 hours its concentration reaches its highest level. drinks containing more than 12% ethyl alcohol.

According to her, depending on the proportion, quantity and quality of alcohol, the consequences can be different – from mild malaise to loss of consciousness and respiratory arrest in severe cases. Symptoms of mild alcohol poisoning include movement disorders, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dry mouth, dry and pale skin. In addition, a person may feel a slight dizziness, which disappears in the supine position.

With mild alcohol poisoning, it is recommended to take sorbents to absorb toxins to return the body to a normal state, and if fluid is lost due to diarrhea and vomiting, a rehydration solution and more water should be taken to make up for this deficiency. You also need to sleep for a long time to rest your body. If symptoms of alcohol poisoning persist, a doctor should be consulted. Because severe poisoning threatens health and even life.

Source: Izvestia newspaper.