What do the Cowboys do with Jason Garrett? That’s the big question in Dallas, and there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer.
The Cowboys closed out the year with a win over the Redskins in their season finale, but lost the playoffs after the Eagles defeated the Giants to take over the NFC East Crown. Since the clock struck zero on Sunday, it has felt like a question of when, if not, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones would shoot Garrett.
MORE: Ranking replacement candidates if Cowboys fire Garrett
As of Tuesday afternoon, however, Gareth is still the coach of the team. After 10 seasons with Garrett at the helm, is Jones ready to start fresh? Or will he stay with Garrett despite the disappointing 8-8 campaign?
Here’s the latest reference around the league as Garrett waits for his fate:
News, updates on Jason Garrett’s situation with the Cowboys
– Garrett met with Jones and son Stephen, who is Dallas ‘executive vice president, on Monday after the Cowboys’ regular-season finale, but media members did not say official decisions would be made on that day. day.
– After Monday’s meeting, Garrett spoke again with Jerry and Stephen Jones, according to ESPN’s Todd Archer. This discussion ended without any resolution.
– David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports that Garrett will have another talk with Jerry and Stephen Jones before determining Garrett’s future with the organization. It is not clear when the next meeting will take place.
– The expectation is still that Garrett and the Cowboys will eventually part ways, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, but the veteran NFL journalist notes that the franchise works as a family. That could get harder the longer Jones leaves.
– Important date to note: Garrett’s contract expires January 14th.