Hey Alpha ring user! Today’s Xbox Insider release notes introduce the latest fixes, known issues, and features to your console. As of 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest Xbox One system update for 2002 (Build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_2002 18363.9078.191217-2000). Read on for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_2002 18363.9078.191217-2000
- Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – December 19, 2019
- mandatory: 3:00 p.m. PT – December 20, 2019
Corrections for alpha
We have received your feedback and are happy to announce that the following fixes have been implemented for this build from 2002:
- Fixed an issue where some users were asked to install an app when activating Dolby Atmos.
- Performance fixes and improvements for some titles.
- Users should no longer appear in game chat when in group chat.
- Group chat overlay should allow users to mute or unmute members of the group.
- Various search performance improvements on the console.
- Various updates to correctly reflect the local languages on the console.
Known issues with Alpha
We believe that some issues have been identified in previous Xbox Insider release notes. These issues aren’t ignored, but Xbox engineers need more time to find a solution. We thank you for your patience!
- Users with Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120 Hz at 36 bits per pixel (12 bits) may experience audio loss from Dolby Atmos in some situations.
- bypass: Disable 120 Hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10 bits) or lower.
- Some users have reported that when they start the console, they receive an error code 0x80070002 that an error has occurred.
- Note: Please report the behavior while the error code is displayed on the screen, then close the error message and use the console normally.
- Users cannot send a voice message in groups.
- Workaround: Send the message when you are not in the party chat.
- Sometimes users may come across the wrong profile color when turning on the console.
Is your problem not listed above? Make sure you use To report a problem to keep us informed of your problem. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we collect is critical to finding a solution.
For more information on feedback and how to distinguish between the individual rings, see the following links:
For more information on the Xbox Insider program, follow us on Twitter and join the subreddit community for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider release notes for more information about your Xbox One Update Preview ring!