Musk warns Apple and Android to ban Twitter – “I’ll make a new smartphone”

The businessman and owner of ‘Twitter’ have said that he will make a special smartphone if ‘Google’ and ‘Apple’ ban ‘Twitter’ from their application stores. Musk said in a tweet in response to conservative broadcaster Liz Wheeler that she hopes the situation does not reach that point but will make that decision if necessary. “I certainly hope it doesn’t come to that, but yeah, if there’s no other choice, I’ll make a replacement phone,” she said.

Wheeler proposed the idea first, saying half the country would “happily abandon the spying and bias of the iPhone and Android.” He tweeted: “Man building rockets to mars, tiny smartphone would be easy, right?”

Musk, who calls himself the “absolute” of free speech, has expressed his public opposition to the indefinite ban on Twitter accounts and recently lifted the bans on former President Donald and Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Several advertisers have fled Twitter after completing Musk’s platform takeover last month. Musk has cut almost half the staff, claiming the company was a waste of money.

There have also been concerns about the lack of content moderation and reinstatement of users who have been banned on the platform since the Musk takeover. A flood of post racists and anti-Semites have proliferated on the platform since the Musk takeover.

The billionaire has also launched a paid subscription for verification, in which users have to pay monthly for the blue verification flag. However, problems arose when several users impersonated prominent figures on the platform, and the program was suspended.

Musk posted a poll on Twitter Wednesday asking users if they think the platform should offer amnesty to suspended accounts as long as they haven’t broken any laws.

Musk reinstated Trump’s account last week after a slim majority of users in another poll indicated support for ending the former president’s suspension.

Read More About: Technology News